Dr. Jason Dyken attended Furman University and graduated magna cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in chemistry. He attended medical school at the University of South Alabama, graduating in 1991. After his residency in internal medicine, Dr. Dyken practiced in multiple healthcare settings: academic medicine, private practice, and employed physician. While practicing, he recognized the changing business climate in medicine and decided to attend graduate school. Dr. Dyken received his M.B.A. from the University of Alabama at Birmingham with honors, still practicing medicine full-time.
After a decade of practice, Jason realized he could impact doctors through wealth planning rather than as a practitioner and hospital Chief of Staff. He became licensed as a wealth strategist and began taking on doctors as clients. In 2001, he retired from full-time medical practice and started Dyken Wealth Strategies.
Jason has since dedicated his professional career to meeting the financial planning needs of doctors and their families. He works with physicians and dentists to define, simplify, and execute strategies intended to protect their financial future. Jason passionately desires to build long-term trusted relationships on which financial confidence can be built. His structured approach to wealthcare development considers individual vision and need, then fashions customized solutions to support each personal and financial legacy.
Jason’s passion for his clients extends to his community. He is currently serving his third term as city councilman for the City of Gulf Shores, and was appointed as the chairman of the Finance Committee. Jason also serves on the Airport Authority for the Jack Edwards National Airport, as well as the Gulf Coast Healthcare Authority. He has represented the banking and finance sector for the Coastal Resiliency Coalition, an organization instrumental in communities’ recovery from the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
Jason is committed to education: he is a patron of the Gulf Shores Elementary School, and has been intimately involved in designing and promoting educational excellence. He and his family are members of the Gulf Shores United Methodist Church.
Jason and his wife of over 23 years, Dr. Renee Dyken (an orthodontist practicing in Gulf Shores and Mobile), have four children: Jason, Landon, Colton, and Carmon. He enjoys physical activity, water sports, and spending time with his family and friends.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry from Furman University, 1987.
- Doctor of medicine from the University of South Alabama, College of Medicine, 1991.
- Internal medicine internship at the University of Florida Health Sciences Center in Jacksonville, FL, 1992
- Internal medicine residency from Carraway Methodist Medical Center, 1994.
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1994–1997.
- Practiced privately in south Alabama; also, served administratively as Chief of Staff and as a member of the Medical Executive Committee at South Baldwin Regional Medical Center, 1998–2001.
- Member of the American Society of Internal Medicine, the American College of Physicians, and the American Medical Association.
- Master of Business Administration degree with honors from the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Business, 1997.
- Active licenses: Series 7, 63, 65. Also, insurance agent in multiple states.